This is a really quick and easy recipe that’s totally syn free….. 😀
You Will Need :
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Medium Onions finely sliced
- 1 Medium Potato grated
- 1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- Sprinkle Of Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except for the eggs into a bowl and give a good stir.
- Beat the eggs and then add to other ingredients
- Line a tray with baking paper and then spoon some of the mixture on to the tray to make little piles or you can mold the mixture into balls and place on tray.
- Spray the Bhajis with frylight and pop in the oven on 180 for about 20mins or until golden brown.
This is a great recipe and you do end up with a really nice chocolate cake
The whole cake works out as 9 syns, I got 9 good size muffins so only 1 syns each 😀 😀 😀
You Will Need :
- 6 eggs
- 1oz Self Raising Flour
- 1oz Cocoa
- 9 tbsps of Sweetner
- 2tsps of Vanilla or Orange Essence
- Separate the eggs, so egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another bowl
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and leave to one side
In the other bowl whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla or Orange essence and the sweetener, add roughly 1/4 of the whisked egg whites and then beat the mixture until a pale yellow.
- Gradually sieve in the flour and mix gently, now add the rest of the egg whites and fold in gently
- Pour the mixture into a lined cake tin and bake in the oven for about 20 mins on 160. Or you can do this on a baking tray and make as a Swiss roll. If doing on a baking tray it will cook quicker.I do it as muffins and they take about 10 mins to cook
Once the cake is cooked leave to cool then eat an enjoy …. 😀 😀
These are great for any time of the day and are a fantastic way to use up any left over Mash Potato ….
You can pretty much add what ever you fancy to these ….. In these ones pictured below there is
- Cold carrot & swede mash (Potato, Carrot & Swede)
- 3 Rashers Of Bacon
- 1 Sausage (cooked & cold) – 1 syn
- 1 Onion finely sliced.
- Spray a pan with frylight and add the onions, fry them for a few minutes
- Chop the bacon up quite small and add that to the onion, do the same with the sausage and fry off for about 5 minutes.
- Put the cold mash in a bowl and add the onion mix, mix it all well together.
- Now you need to shape some of the potato mix into a good size ball as big or as small as you like.
- Spray the pan with frylight again and then fry the cakes for about 5 mins on each side, you do need to be very careful when you turn them over as the potato can be quite soft.
- Once the cakes are brown on each side then they are ready to eat.
Depending on what you add to the mash would depend on how many syns they would. I sometimes add diced peppers and mushrooms ……
The ones pictured had 1/2 syn for the 4 as I did use a sausage….. 😀
These are great hot or cold to snack on or for a meal …..
You Will Need :
- 2 x Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins ( 1 = HEB)
- 5 x Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles (HEA)
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1 Onion Finley Sliced
- Spray a pan with frylight and fry the onions until nice and soft.
- Lay out the thins and brush around the edge of each thin with egg, now gently spread the cheese over the 4 slices taking care not to go to close to the edge.
- Once the onions are nice and soft add a spoonful to the center of each of the thins
- Fold each thin corner to corner and gently press down around the edges so they stick together.
- Place the bakes on a tray lined with baking paper and then brush each bake with egg.
- Bake in the oven on 180 / Gas 5 for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
You can have 2 bakes which would be your HEB and then 1/2 of your HEA or if you prefer you can just syn them, each bake would be 4 syns.
These are great hot or cold and are very low syn…..
You will Need :
- 4 x Sausages of your choice – I have used the Tesco Healthy Living Sausages at 1 syn each or you could use the Slimming World Sausages which are Free
- 2 x Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins – 1 Thin (top & bottom) is your HEB or 5 syns
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- Spray a pan with Frylight and fry the sausages on a low heat for 5 to 10 mins
- Lay out the thins (4 slices) and brush around the edges of each thin with the egg
- Leave the sausages to cool for a few minutes and then place one sausage on a thin at one end and then roll.
- Place the sausage rolls on a tray lined with baking paper and brush each roll with egg
- Pop then in the oven 180 /gas 5 or 6 and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
If you use the slimming world sausages then you could have 2 of the sausage rolls as your HEB.
If you prefer to syn them then if using the Slimming World Sausages each Sausage Roll would be 2.5syns.
These are great hot or cold and are very low syn or Free when using as HEB and depending on which Stewed Steak you use.
You Will Need :
- 1 400g Tin Stewed Steak – Please check the syn value as they can be FREE or Syned
- 5 Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion
- Finely slice the onion, spray a pan with frylight and fry the onion for 4 to 5 mins until soft.
- Add the tin of stewed steak to the pan and fry for a few more minutes until thickens
- Lay out all the thins (tops & bottoms) and brush around the edges with the egg
- Place a spoon of the stewed steak mix on 5 of the thins, and then top with the other thin
- Gently go around the edge of each bake with a fork to seal the edges, now brush over with the egg
- Bake in oven on 180/gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 mins or until golden brown.
1 Steak & Onion bake would be classed as your HEB if you used the Kingsmill Wholemeal sandwivch thins or if you prefer 5 syns, the syn value in each bake would depend on which Stewed Steak you used.
This is a really nice quick and easy recipe that the whole family will love, it is also low in syns ….
- Serves 4
- Total Syns = 7.5
- 4 to 6 Chicken breasts, Cut Into Bit Size Pieces
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic, Crushed
- 1 Onion Finely Sliced
- Spay a large pan or wok with frylight and add the onions and garlic, fry for a few minutes
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes
- Add all the other ingredients and fry on a low heat stirring regularly
- Continue cooking the chicken on a low heat and the sauce will gradually evaporate and thicken until there is only a coating over the chicken, it also becomes a lot darker. Keep stirring so not to burn the chicken.
- Once all the liquid has disappeared then serve the chicken with rice and salad or even some SW wedges .