This is one of my favorite lunches …. The pate is Syn free and SP 😀
You Will Need :
- 225g Chicken Livers, very finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3 Rashers Bacon, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and heat, add the bacon and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the onion & garlic and fry for a few more minutes, make sure you give it a stir every now and then.
- Add the chicken livers and fry for approx 5 minutes or until cooked stirring every now and then.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and set to one side to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool add salt & pepper to taste and then add the Quark, I add a spoonful at a time and then mix thoroughly, keep following this step until you get the consistency that you want. I like quite a solid pate so I add 2 to 3 spoons of Quark.
- Now tip the pate into a small dish and flatten down then cover with clingfilm and pop in the fridge.
If you do not have any Quark then you can use Fat Free Fromage Frais instead, if you do then the recipe will just be Syn Free and NOT SP.
This is a great quick & easy dinner to make for the whole family. There is 5 syns in the dish (depending which sausages you use) but this would be low when dividing by 4 people.
- 1 Sachet Of Schwartz Slow Cookers Sausage & Bean Casserole Recipe Mix (5 syns)
- 8 Slimming World Sausages ( remember to syn which sausages you use)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tin Cannellini Beans Drained ( I used a tin of Baked Beans)
- 125ml Cold Water
- 2 Tbsps Tomato Puree
- Spray a pan with frylight and brown sausages, once browned add to the slow cooker along with the onion & beans
- Mix sachet mix with the tin tomatoes, water & tomato puree and the pour over sausages.
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hours.
I served mine with mash and some veg but on thinking about it you could add more sausages to the pot and even some potato.
This dish received mixed reviews in my house …. hubby loved it, I wasn’t to sure, one daughter said it was ok and my other daughter didn’t like it !!!!
So this is a really simple recipe that you can pop in the slow cooker and you can use either Chicken Or Pork or even beef if you fancy.
The recipe does contain 5 syns but that’s pretty low especially if its between a family of 4 😀
- 1 Sachet of Schwartz Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe Mix (5 syns)
- 1.4kg Boneless Pork Shoulder OR Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3oz Tomato Puree
- 2oz Water
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Place the Pork or Chicken in to slow cooker
- Mix the sachet with all the other ingredients stir well and pour over Pork/Chicken
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8hours or on high for 4hours.
- Once cooked take out of slow cooker and shred with 2 forks.
- Great served with rice or wedges and a salad.
I sometimes added in some sliced onion just for a bit of speed food 😀 😀
Please note that if you make up the sachet mix as directed on the packet you will need to add more syns to the recipe.
So I saw this recipe and decided that it looked delish and to be honest I was not disappointed.
I did however slightly change the original recipe that I found. The recipe is totally syn free and packed full of speed food so a win win on Slimming World 😀
- 1kg Potatoes – Peeled & Cut into cubes
- 1/2 Green Cabbage – Finely Sliced
- 1 Leek – Finely Sliced
- 2 Carrots – Peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 Onioins – Finely Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Crushed
- 225g Lean Bacon – Fat removed and cut in small chunks
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 to 12 mins, add the carrots half way through cooking time then add the cabbage and the leek for the last 4 mins of cooking.
- Drain the potato & veg mix and just leave to one side to cool,spray a large oven proof dish with Frylight and set to one side.
- Fry the bacon and onions for about 10 mins adding the garlic for the last few minutes of cooking.
- In a pan or bowl add the potato mix to the onion mix, now add salt and pepper and pour over the eggs and stir all together.
- Tip the mix into the large over proof dish and spray with frylight, now pop it into the preheated oven on 180C / Gas Mark 4 and cook for about 50 to 60 mins.
This is a great dish for all the family, you can have it on its own for dinner or lunch or you can serve it as a side dish. The Haggerty will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Originally the recipes used ham and there were no leeks or carrots but I do think that they add flavor and of course not forgetting its more speed food 😀 😀
So gonna give this a try ….. only 12 Syns for the whole cake ….. 😀
- 4 Scan Bran (4)
- 2 eggs
- 3 or 4 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
- 1 sachet Belgian Choc Options (11g 2)
- 26g Curly Wurly bar (6) / Maltesers 21.5g (5.5)
- Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash.
- Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and the Options
- Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix.
- Cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes, or microwave for 5 mins.
I will try this but soaking the scan bran in one of my Skinny Syrups and may use Maltessers instead of a Curly Wurly 😀 😀
Thank you to one of my followers for suggesting this 😀 😀
This is a really quick and easy custard that is only 1syn for the whole lot if using milk as HEA. If not using milk as HEA then the whole lot would be 5.5syns so still pretty good.
You Will Need:
- 300ml Skimmed Milk
- 2tsp Cornflour
- 4tbsp Granulated Sweetener (you can adjust this to your own taste)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
- Put the milk into a pan and slowly bring to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Put the cornflour, sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk the warm milk into the egg yolk mix and then set to one side
- Rinse out the saucepan you used for heating the milk, then strain the custard mix back into the pan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the custard thickens.
The custard is delicious on its own or why not try it over one of the Low Syn Chocolate Muffins or over chopped banana ….. 😀 😀
This is a really quick and easy recipe that’s totally syn free….. 😀
You Will Need :
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Medium Onions finely sliced
- 1 Medium Potato grated
- 1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- Sprinkle Of Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except for the eggs into a bowl and give a good stir.
- Beat the eggs and then add to other ingredients
- Line a tray with baking paper and then spoon some of the mixture on to the tray to make little piles or you can mold the mixture into balls and place on tray.
- Spray the Bhajis with frylight and pop in the oven on 180 for about 20mins or until golden brown.