This is one of my favorite lunches …. The pate is Syn free and SP 😀
You Will Need :
- 225g Chicken Livers, very finely chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 3 Rashers Bacon, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Spray a large frying pan with frylight and heat, add the bacon and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the onion & garlic and fry for a few more minutes, make sure you give it a stir every now and then.
- Add the chicken livers and fry for approx 5 minutes or until cooked stirring every now and then.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and set to one side to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool add salt & pepper to taste and then add the Quark, I add a spoonful at a time and then mix thoroughly, keep following this step until you get the consistency that you want. I like quite a solid pate so I add 2 to 3 spoons of Quark.
- Now tip the pate into a small dish and flatten down then cover with clingfilm and pop in the fridge.
If you do not have any Quark then you can use Fat Free Fromage Frais instead, if you do then the recipe will just be Syn Free and NOT SP.