So I saw this recipe and decided that it looked delish and to be honest I was not disappointed.
I did however slightly change the original recipe that I found. The recipe is totally syn free and packed full of speed food so a win win on Slimming World 😀
- 1kg Potatoes – Peeled & Cut into cubes
- 1/2 Green Cabbage – Finely Sliced
- 1 Leek – Finely Sliced
- 2 Carrots – Peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 Onioins – Finely Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Crushed
- 225g Lean Bacon – Fat removed and cut in small chunks
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 to 12 mins, add the carrots half way through cooking time then add the cabbage and the leek for the last 4 mins of cooking.
- Drain the potato & veg mix and just leave to one side to cool,spray a large oven proof dish with Frylight and set to one side.
- Fry the bacon and onions for about 10 mins adding the garlic for the last few minutes of cooking.
- In a pan or bowl add the potato mix to the onion mix, now add salt and pepper and pour over the eggs and stir all together.
- Tip the mix into the large over proof dish and spray with frylight, now pop it into the preheated oven on 180C / Gas Mark 4 and cook for about 50 to 60 mins.
This is a great dish for all the family, you can have it on its own for dinner or lunch or you can serve it as a side dish. The Haggerty will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Originally the recipes used ham and there were no leeks or carrots but I do think that they add flavor and of course not forgetting its more speed food 😀 😀