This is a great quick & easy dinner to make for the whole family. There is 5 syns in the dish (depending which sausages you use) but this would be low when dividing by 4 people.
- 1 Sachet Of Schwartz Slow Cookers Sausage & Bean Casserole Recipe Mix (5 syns)
- 8 Slimming World Sausages ( remember to syn which sausages you use)
- 1 Onion Diced
- 400g Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Tin Cannellini Beans Drained ( I used a tin of Baked Beans)
- 125ml Cold Water
- 2 Tbsps Tomato Puree
- Spray a pan with frylight and brown sausages, once browned add to the slow cooker along with the onion & beans
- Mix sachet mix with the tin tomatoes, water & tomato puree and the pour over sausages.
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hours.
I served mine with mash and some veg but on thinking about it you could add more sausages to the pot and even some potato.
This dish received mixed reviews in my house …. hubby loved it, I wasn’t to sure, one daughter said it was ok and my other daughter didn’t like it !!!!
So this is a really simple recipe that you can pop in the slow cooker and you can use either Chicken Or Pork or even beef if you fancy.
The recipe does contain 5 syns but that’s pretty low especially if its between a family of 4 😀
- 1 Sachet of Schwartz Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe Mix (5 syns)
- 1.4kg Boneless Pork Shoulder OR Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3oz Tomato Puree
- 2oz Water
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sweetener
- 3 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Place the Pork or Chicken in to slow cooker
- Mix the sachet with all the other ingredients stir well and pour over Pork/Chicken
- Pop the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8hours or on high for 4hours.
- Once cooked take out of slow cooker and shred with 2 forks.
- Great served with rice or wedges and a salad.
I sometimes added in some sliced onion just for a bit of speed food 😀 😀
Please note that if you make up the sachet mix as directed on the packet you will need to add more syns to the recipe.
So I saw this recipe and decided that it looked delish and to be honest I was not disappointed.
I did however slightly change the original recipe that I found. The recipe is totally syn free and packed full of speed food so a win win on Slimming World 😀
- 1kg Potatoes – Peeled & Cut into cubes
- 1/2 Green Cabbage – Finely Sliced
- 1 Leek – Finely Sliced
- 2 Carrots – Peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 Onioins – Finely Sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Crushed
- 225g Lean Bacon – Fat removed and cut in small chunks
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 to 12 mins, add the carrots half way through cooking time then add the cabbage and the leek for the last 4 mins of cooking.
- Drain the potato & veg mix and just leave to one side to cool,spray a large oven proof dish with Frylight and set to one side.
- Fry the bacon and onions for about 10 mins adding the garlic for the last few minutes of cooking.
- In a pan or bowl add the potato mix to the onion mix, now add salt and pepper and pour over the eggs and stir all together.
- Tip the mix into the large over proof dish and spray with frylight, now pop it into the preheated oven on 180C / Gas Mark 4 and cook for about 50 to 60 mins.
This is a great dish for all the family, you can have it on its own for dinner or lunch or you can serve it as a side dish. The Haggerty will also keep in the fridge for a couple of days.
Originally the recipes used ham and there were no leeks or carrots but I do think that they add flavor and of course not forgetting its more speed food 😀 😀