This is a really quick and easy custard that is only 1syn for the whole lot if using milk as HEA. If not using milk as HEA then the whole lot would be 5.5syns so still pretty good.
You Will Need:
- 300ml Skimmed Milk
- 2tsp Cornflour
- 4tbsp Granulated Sweetener (you can adjust this to your own taste)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
- Put the milk into a pan and slowly bring to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Put the cornflour, sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk the warm milk into the egg yolk mix and then set to one side
- Rinse out the saucepan you used for heating the milk, then strain the custard mix back into the pan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the custard thickens.
The custard is delicious on its own or why not try it over one of the Low Syn Chocolate Muffins or over chopped banana ….. 😀 😀