This is a really quick and easy custard that is only 1syn for the whole lot if using milk as HEA. If not using milk as HEA then the whole lot would be 5.5syns so still pretty good.
You Will Need:
- 300ml Skimmed Milk
- 2tsp Cornflour
- 4tbsp Granulated Sweetener (you can adjust this to your own taste)
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
- Put the milk into a pan and slowly bring to simmer, remove from the heat.
- Put the cornflour, sweetener, egg yolks and vanilla extract into a bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually whisk the warm milk into the egg yolk mix and then set to one side
- Rinse out the saucepan you used for heating the milk, then strain the custard mix back into the pan.
- Heat gently, whisking all the time until the custard thickens.
The custard is delicious on its own or why not try it over one of the Low Syn Chocolate Muffins or over chopped banana ….. 😀 😀
This is a really quick and easy recipe that’s totally syn free….. 😀
You Will Need :
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Medium Onions finely sliced
- 1 Medium Potato grated
- 1 tbsp Medium Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Tumeric
- Sprinkle Of Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Put all of the ingredients except for the eggs into a bowl and give a good stir.
- Beat the eggs and then add to other ingredients
- Line a tray with baking paper and then spoon some of the mixture on to the tray to make little piles or you can mold the mixture into balls and place on tray.
- Spray the Bhajis with frylight and pop in the oven on 180 for about 20mins or until golden brown.
This is a great recipe and you do end up with a really nice chocolate cake
The whole cake works out as 9 syns, I got 9 good size muffins so only 1 syns each 😀 😀 😀
You Will Need :
- 6 eggs
- 1oz Self Raising Flour
- 1oz Cocoa
- 9 tbsps of Sweetner
- 2tsps of Vanilla or Orange Essence
- Separate the eggs, so egg whites in one bowl and egg yolks in another bowl
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and leave to one side
In the other bowl whisk the egg yolks with the vanilla or Orange essence and the sweetener, add roughly 1/4 of the whisked egg whites and then beat the mixture until a pale yellow.
- Gradually sieve in the flour and mix gently, now add the rest of the egg whites and fold in gently
- Pour the mixture into a lined cake tin and bake in the oven for about 20 mins on 160. Or you can do this on a baking tray and make as a Swiss roll. If doing on a baking tray it will cook quicker.I do it as muffins and they take about 10 mins to cook
Once the cake is cooked leave to cool then eat an enjoy …. 😀 😀