These are great hot or cold and are very low syn or Free when using as HEB and depending on which Stewed Steak you use.
You Will Need :
- 1 400g Tin Stewed Steak – Please check the syn value as they can be FREE or Syned
- 5 Kingsmill Wholemeal Sandwich Thins
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion
- Finely slice the onion, spray a pan with frylight and fry the onion for 4 to 5 mins until soft.
- Add the tin of stewed steak to the pan and fry for a few more minutes until thickens
- Lay out all the thins (tops & bottoms) and brush around the edges with the egg
- Place a spoon of the stewed steak mix on 5 of the thins, and then top with the other thin
- Gently go around the edge of each bake with a fork to seal the edges, now brush over with the egg
- Bake in oven on 180/gas mark 5 for 20 to 30 mins or until golden brown.
1 Steak & Onion bake would be classed as your HEB if you used the Kingsmill Wholemeal sandwivch thins or if you prefer 5 syns, the syn value in each bake would depend on which Stewed Steak you used.