These are great for any time of the day and are a fantastic way to use up any left over Mash Potato ….
You can pretty much add what ever you fancy to these ….. In these ones pictured below there is
- Cold carrot & swede mash (Potato, Carrot & Swede)
- 3 Rashers Of Bacon
- 1 Sausage (cooked & cold) – 1 syn
- 1 Onion finely sliced.
- Spray a pan with frylight and add the onions, fry them for a few minutes
- Chop the bacon up quite small and add that to the onion, do the same with the sausage and fry off for about 5 minutes.
- Put the cold mash in a bowl and add the onion mix, mix it all well together.
- Now you need to shape some of the potato mix into a good size ball as big or as small as you like.
- Spray the pan with frylight again and then fry the cakes for about 5 mins on each side, you do need to be very careful when you turn them over as the potato can be quite soft.
- Once the cakes are brown on each side then they are ready to eat.
Depending on what you add to the mash would depend on how many syns they would. I sometimes add diced peppers and mushrooms ……
The ones pictured had 1/2 syn for the 4 as I did use a sausage….. 😀