SCAN BRAN CHRISTMAS CAKE
The whole cake is just 11syns so just divide it in to as many portions as you like ….. 😀
If you make the 8 smaller cakes it will be just under 1.5syns per cake.
You Will Need –
- 5 Scan Bran
- 2 Eggs
- 1tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2tbsps (level) of Mincemeat
- 5tbsps (level) sweetener (or to taste) . I used 1tbsp of Truvia
- 1½ tsp Mixed Spice
- Grated zest of a lemon for extra zing (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven on 190 or gas mark 5
- Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites and put to one side
- In a bowl add the syrup, mincemeat, sweetener , egg yolks and scan bran then mix well.
- Fold the egg whites in with the other ingredients.
- Pour the mix into 1 small cake pan or divide into 8 muffin cases
- Pop in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 mins
When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
You can also cook the cake in the microwave, pour mix into a microwave safe dish and cook on full power for approx 6 minutes