This is a fantastic dish that is a favorite of mine, its easy to make and all goes in one pan.
- Free On Extra Easy
- Serves 4
You Will Need –
- Low-Fat Cooking Spray
- 4 Chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (use powder if you don’t have the seeds)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamon Pods ( if you don’t have these then you can leave them out)
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- 800ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Onions finely sliced
- Heat a non stick pan and spray with Low Fat cooking spray and fry the 1 of the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add the chicken pieces and fry for another few minutes
- Add all the other ingredients to the pan except for the rest of the onion.
- Heat the pan gently until simmering then cover pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for another 12 to 15 minutes until all the liquid has gone and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Meanwhile heat another small pan and fry the extra onion until soft and brown, this will be used for garnish on top of the dish when served. (optional)
- If the rice is not quite cooked but the liquid has all gone you can just add some more water and then stir.
- If you like a dish really spicy then you can always add another teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You can not freeze this dish but if there is any left over I normally pop it in the fridge and eat the next day.
- I serve this with a nice salad and a yogurt dip
Dice some cucumber or onion and pop in a bowl then add some Fat Free natural yogurt, this is great served with any curry and is FREE 😀