SCAN BRAN CHRISTMAS CAKE
The whole cake is just 11syns so just divide it in to as many portions as you like ….. 😀
If you make the 8 smaller cakes it will be just under 1.5syns per cake.
You Will Need –
- 5 Scan Bran
- 2 Eggs
- 1tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2tbsps (level) of Mincemeat
- 5tbsps (level) sweetener (or to taste) . I used 1tbsp of Truvia
- 1½ tsp Mixed Spice
- Grated zest of a lemon for extra zing (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven on 190 or gas mark 5
- Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites and put to one side
- In a bowl add the syrup, mincemeat, sweetener , egg yolks and scan bran then mix well.
- Fold the egg whites in with the other ingredients.
- Pour the mix into 1 small cake pan or divide into 8 muffin cases
- Pop in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 mins
When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
You can also cook the cake in the microwave, pour mix into a microwave safe dish and cook on full power for approx 6 minutes
I love these homemade burgers and you can have them for lunch or dinner and they are great for the whole family ….
You Will Need –
- 500g Pack Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- Mixed Herbs
- 2 x Low Fat Cheese Slices (optional)
- 1 x Small Wholemeal Roll (optional)
- 2 or 3 Rashers of Bacon per Burger (optional)
- Finely Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the mince, egg, onion and mixed herbs, then shape into burgers ( I have a burger press which you can get for £3/£4 and are well worth it ) I normally get 6 good size burgers)
- Heat a pan and spray with low cal spray and then cook the burgers for a few minutes each side (I like mine well done so cook until nice and brown on both sides)
Once the burgers are done you can eat them any way you like but with mine I –
Layer burger as follows from bottom up ….. Bottom of bun, burger, cheese slice, bacon, burger, cheese slice, bacon, jalapenos top off with top of bun…..
I use the Cheese Slices as my HEA ( or 6 syns) and the Wholemeal Roll is my HEB (or 6 syns) everything else is FREE on Extra Easy. If you want to add tomato sauce or extra light mayo then just remember to syn it 😀
I serve with sw wedges or chips and roasted veg or salad 😀 😀
This is a fantastic dish that is a favorite of mine, its easy to make and all goes in one pan.
- Free On Extra Easy
- Serves 4
You Will Need –
- Low-Fat Cooking Spray
- 4 Chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 200g Basmati Rice
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (use powder if you don’t have the seeds)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamon Pods ( if you don’t have these then you can leave them out)
- 4 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yogurt
- 800ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Onions finely sliced
- Heat a non stick pan and spray with Low Fat cooking spray and fry the 1 of the onions and garlic for a few minutes. Add the chicken pieces and fry for another few minutes
- Add all the other ingredients to the pan except for the rest of the onion.
- Heat the pan gently until simmering then cover pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for another 12 to 15 minutes until all the liquid has gone and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the cinnamon stick before serving.
- Meanwhile heat another small pan and fry the extra onion until soft and brown, this will be used for garnish on top of the dish when served. (optional)
- If the rice is not quite cooked but the liquid has all gone you can just add some more water and then stir.
- If you like a dish really spicy then you can always add another teaspoon of chilli powder.
- You can not freeze this dish but if there is any left over I normally pop it in the fridge and eat the next day.
- I serve this with a nice salad and a yogurt dip
Dice some cucumber or onion and pop in a bowl then add some Fat Free natural yogurt, this is great served with any curry and is FREE 😀
This quiche is great for either a snack or as part of a meal ….. Serve hot or cold
Extra Easy – FREE
You Will Need –
- Chilies (Optional)
- Low Fat Cheddar Cheese (Optional)
- Spray a small oven proof dish or cake tin with Low Cal spray.
- In a jug mix the egg with just a splash of milk and the chilies.
- Line the pan with bacon (all visible fat removed) , now add a layer of each vegetable – You can pretty much use any veg you want in the quiche.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cheese over the top and then pour over the egg mix until the tin is full, now pop in the oven on gas mark 5 and cook until it has risen and is golden.
- Now eat & enjoy 😀 😀
I use the milk & cheese as part of my Healthy Extra A other than that you would need to weigh/measure and then syn it.
If using a large dish you would need to double or treble the recipe as I make mine in a small tin 😀