So it was weigh in tonight and I have had a really great week Slimming World wise, I am happy to say that I some how manged to lose 6lbs this week 😀 😀 😀
I also got my 2st award 😀 😀
And not only that I am back in the 14’s 😀 😀 😀
Total lose so far 2st 4lbs 😀 😀
SCAN BRAN CHRISTMAS CAKE
The whole cake is just 11syns so just divide it in to as many portions as you like ….. 😀
If you make the 8 smaller cakes it will be just under 1.5syns per cake.
You Will Need –
- 5 Scan Bran
- 2 Eggs
- 1tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2tbsps (level) of Mincemeat
- 5tbsps (level) sweetener (or to taste) . I used 1tbsp of Truvia
- 1½ tsp Mixed Spice
- Grated zest of a lemon for extra zing (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven on 190 or gas mark 5
- Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften, then drain and mash.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites and put to one side
- In a bowl add the syrup, mincemeat, sweetener , egg yolks and scan bran then mix well.
- Fold the egg whites in with the other ingredients.
- Pour the mix into 1 small cake pan or divide into 8 muffin cases
- Pop in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 mins
When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.
You can also cook the cake in the microwave, pour mix into a microwave safe dish and cook on full power for approx 6 minutes
This is some of what I have eaten this week ……
Weigh In is tomorrow night so I am really hoping for a good loss ….. 😀
I love these homemade burgers and you can have them for lunch or dinner and they are great for the whole family ….
You Will Need –
- 500g Pack Extra Lean Beef Mince
- 1 Egg
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- Mixed Herbs
- 2 x Low Fat Cheese Slices (optional)
- 1 x Small Wholemeal Roll (optional)
- 2 or 3 Rashers of Bacon per Burger (optional)
- Finely Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (optional)
- In a bowl mix together the mince, egg, onion and mixed herbs, then shape into burgers ( I have a burger press which you can get for £3/£4 and are well worth it ) I normally get 6 good size burgers)
- Heat a pan and spray with low cal spray and then cook the burgers for a few minutes each side (I like mine well done so cook until nice and brown on both sides)
Once the burgers are done you can eat them any way you like but with mine I –
Layer burger as follows from bottom up ….. Bottom of bun, burger, cheese slice, bacon, burger, cheese slice, bacon, jalapenos top off with top of bun…..
I use the Cheese Slices as my HEA ( or 6 syns) and the Wholemeal Roll is my HEB (or 6 syns) everything else is FREE on Extra Easy. If you want to add tomato sauce or extra light mayo then just remember to syn it 😀
I serve with sw wedges or chips and roasted veg or salad 😀 😀
Well I am happy to say that so far this week I have been really good 😀
I have started to use the online Slimming World Food Diary which I have never used as I’m not that keen on it but I have made a point of sitting down each evening and adding what I have eaten to my food dairy, normally I would write it down as I eat during the day but i guess that trying it a different way has made me more mind-full.
So on Wednesday I had 11.5 syns, Thursday I had 9 syns and today so far I have had 3.5 syns so I’m very happy with that. i do try and have my 15 syns a day but i also work them out over the week so I start with 105 and work my way down that for me covers the weekend.
So dinner last night was Homemade Burger
As you can see I like BIG burgers !!! i had my burger with fried jacket potato & roasted veg
And for dinner tonight I had Chicken Pilau with a mixed salad
Here’s to the rest of the week !!!! 😀 😀 😀
So went to weigh in last night and I gained 1lb 😦 to be totally honest I was expecting more as I was away at the weekend and was totally of plan !!!
So 1lb I don’t think is to bad but I am really getting fed up of losing, gaining, losing, gaining, losing & gaining !!!! why can I not just have a few weeks where I lose each week !!!!!
Well I have 3 nights out during November/December 2 of them being Christmas meals so my plan is that by Friday 18th December I will have lost another stone if not a bit more……
On the plus side I went through my wardrobe today and I have a lovely evening dress which I have had for a couple of years and I have never worn it, it still has all its tags on well I tried it on and its to big !!!!!! 😀 Now I just need to find a dress for the 18th and buy it and then I will fit into it !!!!!
😀 😀 😀
Well after a very up and down week I went to weigh tonight and i am very happy to say that I some how managed to lose 4lbs 😀 😀 😀 So very happy with that 😀
BUT not only did I lose 4lbs I also got this little monkey ……
Here’s to another GREAT week 😀